Recycling Rootstock and Grafting Citrus






Sometimes you come across a plant that hasn't had a successful graft. I have access to trees that have been exchanged due to this reason and then nobody really wants them. I finally had the courage and time to give re-grafting a citrus a go.

Here I am trying to graft some eureka lemons onto an unknown variety of lemon rootstock. I followed free videos on you tube and din't have any grafting tape to hand so I cut up a used bread bag into one long strip and used that! (cut about 1" wide)

No idea if this will work but one has to fail several times at the beginning, but the important part is to just begin anyway!

I used the rest of the plastic bread bag to cover the whole thing and then a paper bag over that.

apparently I can take the tape off at the 3-4 week mark and I will update then!



Comments

Popular Posts