Frugal Friday - Handspun Shawl




I have just finished my handspun shawl that was spun knit from a recycled roving rug that I bought second hand from a Tip Shop. I am learning to spin and this is probably my second ever yarn. I was trying to go for a tweed look and tried a few different ways of carding and spinning the wool to get the effect. I'm not even close to what I had in mind!

The knitting pattern I used was "Black River Blanket Shawl" designed by Sam Lamb. it costs $4.00 USD to buy but I know I will use this pattern again and again.  You can buy it if you have an account through www.ravelry.com





Comments

  1. Your shawl looks great! I am trying just to knit one at the moment so the fact you have spun the yarn yourself is pretty impressive. Lovely way to give new and useful life to something discarded. Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi meg, I'd love to see your shawl as since knitting a few I have decided they are the best accessory there is for a "can't make up its mind" climate!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts