Growing Berries From Seed- are you mad?

Berries in Tasmania are a no brainer...LIke growing apples or pink eye potatoes. I got thinking about using last years frozen blueberries from mums freezer to sow and grow my own little forest of Blueberries. I watched a few you tube clips and analyzed how much time I was going to commit to this process! I don't really care what varieties they are to behonest. and the other think I am trying is raspberrieswhich I didn't stratify in the freezer unfortunately and last years batch was well and truly cleaned out of mums freezer. It was recommended to put the seeds in the freezer after chilling them in water for a few day in the freezer wraped in paper towl and moist paper towel or what not. for now that's it! I had them in a polycarbonate box that has a layer of 2" styrofoam on the base and I have my heatmat on therealso but I only left them on for 3 days and took them off the heat! they dont really need it. #growingblueberries #huonvalley #growyourown #growingberries #grownfromseed #tasmanianberries #tasmanianraspberries #tasmanianblueberries #stratification #seedsinthefreezer

Comments

Popular Posts